Magpie Training Limited is committed to safeguarding learners and vulnerable adults from harm. Staff within Magpie Training accept and recognise their responsibilities to develop awareness of safeguarding issues with our learners and work with relevant agencies and services where necessary to prevent abuse.
This policy is based on the following principles:
- The welfare of the learner is paramount
- All learners and vulnerable adults, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identify have the right to protection from abuse.
- All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- All staff have a responsibility to report concerns to the Designated Person with responsibility for safeguarding.
We will aim to safeguard learners by:
- Adopting safeguarding guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff.
- Sharing information about safeguarding good practice with learners and employers.
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving employers appropriately.
- Carefully following the procedures for recruitment and selection of staff.
- Providing effective management for staff through support, supervision and training.
- Reviewing our policy and good practice regularly.