Unit Title: Fire Safety Awareness
Provisional level: 2
Guided Learning Hours: 2
Purpose and Aim:
- To equip care workers with the skills to understand the key issues relating to the causes, recognition and control of fire.
- Understanding and Preventing Fire.
- Dealing with Fire.
The course encourages the student to take personal action and develop and enhance their knowledge and skills.
By the end of this course learners should be able to:
- Know the main theory relating to fire, its causes and how it spreads
- Explain the range and purpose of fire safety signs and extinguishing equipment
- Identify the range of methods to prevent fire
- Know how to recognise and respond to fire
- Explain the principles of safe evacuation
This unit is assessed through written and oral questions.